Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Old Jupiter Animations


I wanted to put up two animations, but blogger will not let me at this time. This animation was taken about 5 years ago. Over 5 hours worth of images combined into one animation. If I remember correclty I took still frames one after another with my ST-2000XM and 10" LX200 at f/20 for 3 minutes, then waited two more minutes before shooting another 3 minutes worth. So, each individual video frame is a separation of 5 minutes for a total duration of over 5 hours. It was tedious work, but very rewarding. Things start getting fuzzy toward the end as I was trying to go as long as I could while starting to shoot through a tree. My old house used to have a huge tree in the backyard that took up the sky from the zenith to the western horizon. We built our new house in a new subdivision with young trees, so I won't have that problem again anytime soon.

No comments: