Friday, September 26, 2008

Veil Updated With Ha Data

This image uses the same LRGB data from the post below but now with 4 hours of Hydrogen Alpha data added. About 99% processing techniques from Ron Wodaski's last two books and about 1% experimentation to get the results I wanted. LRGB and Ha combined in photoshop with the Ha added as a Luminance layer. Ron suggests using about 50% transparency in his book. Personally I thought that it sacrificed too much of my Ha data. I may rework it at a lower percentage however, for now I am happy. The only problem was that by keeping it at 100%, my brighter stars has colored ghosts around them. To get around this, I just selected the bright stars on the LRGB layer, expanded the selection a bit, feathered the selection and then reduced the brightness. The only problem is that this appears to get rid of all of the color for the star. Anyone have any other suggestions on how better to do this???

No comments: